Sunday, October 21, 2007

8 Things

Yeah yeah, I know Danielle is probably thrilled about this, but I have been tagged. So here it goes. If you are here to look at picture of the kiddos go down further and skip this.


8 Things

8 Things I (Janette) am passionate about
1. My husband
2. My kids
3. The Gospel
4. Books
5. Laughing
6. Cooking
7. Playing with my kids
8. Getting even with people who tag me

8 Things I want to do before I die
1. Serve a mission
2. Go on a Cruise
3. Visit Church Sites
4. See my children get baptized
5. See my children get married in the temple
6. Run a Marathon, or maybe just a half
7. Learn how to crochet a blanket
8. Go to Africa

8 Books I have read recently
1. Harry Potter
2. Garlic and Sapphires
3. The Monster at the End of This Book (most of the books I read are kids books so I had to throw one in.)
4. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
5. Peter and the Starcatcher
6. First Aid and CPR
7. Forever Odd
8. The Collectors

8 Things I often say
1. We've got to go
2. Get your shoes on
3. Bradley, Kyle, William - but never the right name for the right kid
4. Go to bed
5. Did you wash your hands?
6. I love you, or did I tell you I love you today
7. Give me a minute
8. Stop teasing

8 Things that attract me to friends
1. People who like to have fun
2. People who have the same priorities
3. People who set an example for me in some way
4. People who make me laugh
5. People that can carry on a conversation and listen to what I say too
6. People that are generally happy
7. People who take the time to see how I am really doing
8. People who call just to say hi


8 Songs and Albums I could listen to over and over again
1. I am lost on this one, mostly I listen to Children's hymns.
2. Rascal Flatts
3. I can't think of anything else, I am lost when it comes to this now
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

8 Things I learned this year
1. I miss Bradley when he is at school
2. I am much more sensitive then I thought
3. I can be the strong one in our marriage too
4. I like board games
5. It's ok to say no when you are asked to do something, although I still rarely do this
6. I am not anything special anymore, not a newly wed, not a new mom, I'm just me.
7. Kids really say the funniest things when they are in primary
8. How to grind wheat and make whole wheat bread .

8 Random things about me
1. I work one night a week at the YMCA
2. I don't like marshmallows.
3. Joe was my first kiss.
4. I love country music, call me crazy, but I do
5. My favorite show right now is Heroes.
6. Sometimes I hide in the bathroom from my kids for a break.
7. I grew up in Colorado
8. As a stay at home mom, I still take an hour lunch break

8 People I tag
1. Teri
2. Glen and/or Jamie
3. Anita
4. Jordan
5. Amanda
6. Angie
7. Pam
8. Jacque

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now wait a minute!! Your list of things...you wrote that you are nothing special anymore! I beg to differ!!!! I think you are one of the most amazing person I have ever met! YOU my dear Niece-in-law (is that a word? hmmm, don't know) are extremely special!!!!!!!!! Don't make me come over there!! Love to you and your family!! xo
Joe's mature Aunt Susan :)

Kristen said...

Amen to Susan's comment. You can just go ahead and erase that comment and replace it. Things I've learned this year: "People think I am very special, just because I am me."

PS-I just got tagged too, and you were going to be on my list next. It happens to the best of us.

Britt said...

Janette, you are wonderful. I loved reading this and learning about you. Thank you SO much for watching my boys today. I look up to you...I'll be in your shoes (well...at least with the 3 boys thing) in a few months. You're such a great mom, friend, primary pres..etc...Thanks for all you do!
Brittany

Maj Gilson said...

What's it mean to be tagged? Does that mean I'm supposed to do the same thing on my blog since I read yours?

Janette Porter said...

Yup, that is exactly what it means Glen! Good Luck.