Friday, January 30, 2009

Growing up and I'm not ready


This is a picture of Bradley's blanket. From about the time he was 9 months he would want this blanket and no other. When he could walk, he would carry it around with him. It was his cape, it was his best friend. It helped him get through his anxiety nursery, and comforted him when he was sad. Once we left it at Grandma and Grandpa Fredericks' house when he was five, and I thought his heart was going to break. He could not sleep with out it. He was so cute carrying around that blanket. This week I went to the linen closet and inside was Bradley's blanket all folded up nice and neat. I asked Bradley if he had put it in there and he said that he had and he didn't need it any more. I guess I didn't realize how attached I had come to it, or at least what it represented. Bradley is growing up, slowly he is starting to put away some of the childish things as he continues to get older. Now it will get packed in box of things to remember.

6 comments:

wrightNOW said...

Janette, That is so cute how he folded it himself and put it away. It is sad to see our little boys grow up! But look at the little man he is growing up to be!

Chaney said...

I probably would have started crying. We want them to grow up and yet it seems so fast!

The Dixon Family said...

Oh my gosh, Janette. What a sad yet happy day. Isn't it funny when they think for themselves???

Kristen said...

What a heart-breaking and proud moment. I guess that's the first of many.

Bubbleyumgirl said...

Ah my heart squooshed just a little over that. What a little man. *sniff*

Rayburn Family said...

I loved the fact it was all folded up in the closet. Such a big decision for him to make. I know I will be sad the day Nathan gives up his blanket.