Sunday, February 15, 2009

Congratulations to our MBA Graduate

Joe has worked really hard and graduated with his MBA in Finance this month. He started taking one class at a time, and 4 years later he is done. I am so proud of him, and how hard he worked. It was hard with kids, and each time we had another, it got that much harder. Joe wasn't really interested in walking in graduation, but after a very small discussion he agreed that it was important for the the boys to see him walk and celebrate his graduation. We hope that our boys will have an appreciation for education and the importance it is for them to get as much education as they can. Joe is really looking forward to not having homework, (classes don't officially end for another 2 weeks) but has already talked about getting his CFA, a Series 7 License, who knows what else. For now we agree, a short break would be good. I am so proud of how hard Joe works, and his insight to getting a higher education so that I can be where we think I should be, at home with our kids. Way to go Joe!

Here are a few pictures from graduation.

Matt wearing Joe's Hat.
Dad showing off his degree
Kyle taking pictures during the graduation. I wish I could have seen all the pictures he was taking and how things looked from his point of view, but when I check his camera they were all deleted. He would take a picture and say, "That was really a good one!" or "Wow great shot!" After the ceremony we caught him taking random pictures of people who were poised for other cameras.




If you listen you can hear them says Joe's name!

10 comments:

Chaney said...

Congratulations!!!! Stuart will finish his masters in September and I am so excited for him to be done! Enjoy all of his free time that used to be filled with studying!

Amanda said...

Congratulations Joe! You deserve it.

I know how hard it can be to not see your husband because of school. You deserve a big hand for supporting him through those 4 years too! Way to go Janette! I tell Tim I earned that Master's just as much as he did.:)

Teri said...

Congrats Joe! Now you won't know what to do with yourself with all your free time!! That's really exciting and I'm sure your family appreciates your hard work.

Britt said...

Congratulations to ALL of you for getting through this. Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Janette's name should be on that MBA degree as well for taking care of the boys when I was studying. She was a huge help and I want to thank her too. I love you Janette and thanks for helping me get my degree for us.

Rayburn Family said...

Congrats on the MBA! I know it's a big accomplishment. Why is it that these guys always want to go for more? :-) No really, it's a good thing, but the break will be nice too.

CinnaPatty said...

Congrats congrats congrats! I love your wording, Janette. "After a very small discussion" hee hee. You guys rock!

A Forever Family said...

Oh WOW...I am so incredibly jealous!! I want Eric to be done with school SOOOO BAD! I am just so done! Congrats JOe! Like you have the time for this but I tagged ya, look at my blog, it's pretty fun. =)

Suzanne Unck said...

COngratulations. That is a huge accomplishments, and especially with a family of 6! Take a break, you deserve it! You too Jannette. Bryce and I always say that each one of our degrees couldn't happen without the other.

Grandpa Dave said...

Joe- Your Mom and I are VERY proud of you and the hard work you've put in to support your family and further your education. We love you!