Monday, October 12, 2009

1st Snow






I was so excited to wake up and see the snow on Saturday. Joe said I was worse than a kid, probably because I woke him up at 6 to show him and then I couldn't stop talking about it. Luckily it didn't take the kids long to wake up and see the snow, and they shared my excitement with me. We had to make an emergency boot run for Kyle and William because their boots were too small. When we got home, there was 6 or so inches of snow on the ground. They played in the back for a bit and then decided it would be fun to go sledding. Matt was done with the snow at that point though. He kept face planting in the cold fluffy snow, and so he was done. Joe took the other three sledding. Afterwards they celebrated the sledding with hot chocolate.

I feel a little robbed out of my fall, my favorite season in the midwest. Usually they are beautiful. This year we went from summer to winter within a few weeks. Oh well the joy on my boys faces made it worth it. They had so much fun playing in the snow.

6 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Snow? Wow. We're still wearing shorts. A whole new world here.

wrightNOW said...

you are such a fun mom! I love that you were so excited!

Chaney said...

I'm a tad bit jealous. We've had a bunch of snow, but it hasn't accumulated enough to play much in it or go sledding. And then the sun comes out and it's gone.

CinnaPatty said...

Wow! OK, your first snow was WAY more than our first snow. Nothing stuck to the grass at all. You're right, not much of a Fall this year. Boo hoo.

Rayburn Family said...

Wow! That is a lot of snow. We just got our first snow today, but it was just a dusting. Thankfully we got a couple of weeks of fall in before.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had fun playing in it. We weren't as excited about it as you guys. We had to be to the Temple by 9am that day for a ward activity. Thankfully the roads were better when we came home.