Monday, July 25, 2011

Part 5 - Preston, ID and Logan, UT


Brad, Great Grandma Carter, Matt, William, and Kyle
On the tractor

The big dairy cows.
The calf sucking Kyle's fingers.
Brad trying to get the calf to suck his fingers.
William and Matt feeding the calf
Joe and his cousin Brad

Off to Preston, Idaho we headed. We went go visit Joe's Grandma Carter, where we stayed the night. In the morning we headed to go see a cousin of Joe's, Brad (don't get confused here, stay with me) who works the family dairy farm. The boys loved the baby calves, and had fun letting them suck on their fingers. They couldn't believe the couldn't believe that the cow's just pooped and peed where ever they wanted, (they are still talking about it and telling people how funny that was.) Brad Lindhart, took us on a tour of the dairy farm. It is amazing the amount of work that they do everyday! On our way out of Preston, we stopped in Logan to visit my Grandma Hansen's grave, she was a wonderful woman and I wish my kids would have had a chance to meet her in this life. My grandma loved little red headed boys, she died in September 1999, before Joe and I married. I think she handpicked some cute little red heads to come to our family.

1 comment:

wrightNOW said...

I love your comment on your grandma and how much she loved little red headed boys. She sure did pick some cute ones to come to your family! :)