Thursday, May 1, 2008

Do you think this is the right shade of lipstick for me?

"I don't know Mom, do you think this is really my color, and do you think I put enough on? I really want people to notice my beautiful lips. The only way I could get it on was by putting my hand in the lipstick tube and digging it out and then putting it on my lips. I don't know how you do this, or maybe this is why you don't use it very much, because it makes you hands really messy while trying to get it on your mouth." Translated by Janette for William as he jabbered and pointed and laughed about his little discovery in the bathroom.

Things I found out from this experience:
1. Lipstick cleans up very nicely with baby wipes and a warm soapy washcloth.
2. For as messy as William's hands and face got, he contained the mess pretty much to himself, and the drawer!
3. I would much rather clean up this mess than the crayons that he has been redecorating our house with lately.
4. William has very long arms, and is very quick with what he is doing
5. Remember, when it gets a little to quiet go on the hunt for your children, they have found something very interesting.

5 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

I love that blogging has turned us into soft parents. It's like, "No, no, William. Now, here, let me take your picture . . ." HA!

Rayburn Family said...

I too have found that quiet is not always a good thing. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I tried not to chuckle, but cannot help it!!
Yes, I agree though quiet is nice, it is also time to find the children! :)
xoxo

wrightNOW said...

I love this Post...this is so cute and I love your interpretation of William's jabbering!

jamiegilson said...

That picture just says it all doesn't it. That's amazing that it stayed contained. What a mess. I hope you're still able to get some naps in. It's getting closer.=)