Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Camping Trip 2009


Brad and Kyle went fishing with Dad. Hmm, good thing they didn't bring their new shoes!


Campsite


Matt waiting for his dinner in his swim diaper.



Kyle got a baby fish with his bare hands

William ready to go fishing with Dad


Kyle caught a frog on our hike


Bradley taking his turn


William after swimming


Brad eating a S'more


William roasting marshmallows. He didn't want to get to close to the fire.

Kyle not so happy about his marshmallows.

Trying to roast marshmallows

With baseball, every weekend was taken up with games until August. Luckily for us we were still able to squeeze in a camping trip before school started, unfortunately it also happened to be the hottest days of the summer so far. We headed north to Willow Creek and pitched our tent. Then we headed over to the lake and swam in the lake for a while, which really cooled us off. We walked back to our campground and made a fire and cooked our tinfoil dinners in the fire. S'mores galore followed. The boys loved mainly just roasting the marshmallows, it took them a few tries to figure out you don't put it in the fire you put them above the fire. William came to me and asked if I would drive him around so he could go to sleep about 7 o'clock, so I did. Matt and he fell asleep within minutes and back to the tent they went. Joe went fishing, and Brad and Kyle road their scooters for a while. Unfortunately the people next to us got really loud about 8:30 and woke Matt up. So he joined us for ghost stories with the two older boys. William woke up when Brad and Kyle went to bed, and so we drove around until 11:30 until they fell back asleep. This camping trip was like most for the amount of sleep I get. I ended up sleeping next to Kyle who smacked me across the face numerous times with his arms as he slept, hopefully he will out grow this before he gets married. At 4;30 I finally took William, who had woken up, to the van and we slept in the van until 6. So do the math, yup that is an hour and a half of sleep. At 6 I got William breakfast and about 6:30 the rest of the crew woke up, they ate breakfast and we headed off for a little hike and some fishing. Afterwards we roasted hotdogs for lunch, and I took the boys to the park while Joe packed up the van. It was a fun little trip, and we will most likely check out Willow Creek again.

5 comments:

Grandpa Dave said...

I loved the pictures. The one of William not wanting to get close cracked me up. Thanks!

Laurel/Lora Lee Porter said...

I enjoyed camping with our hard top tent camper when the kids were older. You are brave to do it with so many young ones in a tent. I love Smores!!

CinnaPatty said...

Kyle the fish tracker, the frog catcher, the marshmallow burner! William is getting so big! You are a very patient mother. I would have slept the next day while the hike and such happened. :)

jamiegilson said...

Wow! That looks like a blast. Tons of fun to be had while camping. I can't believe he caught that big of a fish with his bare hands. I can't believe school is already upon us. Enjoy!

Rayburn Family said...

Camping is so much work and not a lot of sleep, but so worth it in the end. They will remember those trips forever. The boys remind me so much of Joe and Tim growing up.