Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday William


Blowing out his candles.


Front of train cake.


Look at that cute face with his cake, how could I say know.


He was so excited to get this package from Grandma and Grandpa Porter, and he wasn't disappointed by what was inside.


William turned three on the 24th. He was so excited for his birthday and his cake! He requested months ago a train cake for his birthday and almost everyday since then he has talked about his birthday and his cake he was going to have. How could I deny such an excited little boy the cake of his dreams. So I stayed up until 1 to finish his cake, mostly because I didn't want little hands helping. He went and had lunch with Dad yesterday at work. He LOVED getting all of Dad's attention.

William at 3 Years Old
Favorite Food: Hot Dogs, Milk, Pancakes
Favorite Color: He says blue, but every color is blue right now. When he points it is pink.
Favorite Toys: Trains and Tractors
Obsessions: Trains, Tractors, and Fish
Favorite thing to do: Cook with mom, play with trains, Play with Candy (our dog not the food), help Dad mow, follow his big brothers around, and help with Matt.

What Mom and Dad love about having William apart of our family: William has the funniest personality. He can scream like a banchee, but he can also laugh harder then any of my other boys. He loves it when he can make us laugh. He is very observant, and is always watching his big brothers, the tv, and Mom and Dad are doing. He is scared of thunder and loud noises, but that is about it. He will try just about anything else without hesitation.

8 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

What an awesome train cake!!!! You need to come do my boys' cakes. I'm not so skilled as you! Looks like he likes the shirt :) Wahoo.
I love his laugh. It's hilarious and VERY contagious. Happy Birthday William.

Teri said...

Happy birthday William! Did you use a recipe to make that cake?? That turned out awesome!

Danielle said...

Wow, he has grown a lot. He looks different.
Kudos on the cake. That was quite impressive.

jamiegilson said...

That cake is AMAZING!!! Love it, love it, love it! I'll have to hold onto that idea for Calvin's magic 3 day. Your boys are getting so big. Where does the time go?

wrightNOW said...

Janette,
Your cakes are always so amazing! It reminds me of our 4H classes with your mom! Your family is adorible

Jared - Christina said...

I LOVE the cake!! I have a little boy who loves trains too. I'd love to know how you made it. Happy birthday to William! Three is such a fun age.

Rayburn Family said...

You are an awesome cake maker Janette! Your boys will have great memories.

Bubbleyumgirl said...

I have to echo the praise of the cake - amazing! I cannot believe he is 3 already. And I see how you can't resist that smile! He's definitely a charmer. :)