Friday, April 30, 2010

William's Special Night

William waiting for a bite

William had one on, but lost it

This one didn't get away

Not too sure about it

The fish touched William

We went fishing a couple of weeks ago and William caught a fish. I took the fish off his hook and threw it back in the water. William was sad and told Janette "dad doesn't like my fish. He threw it back". Since then he has been talking about going fishing and catching more fish, so last night William and I went fishing. It took us awhile to finally hook one. When we did I handed him the pole and luck would have it a fire truck and police car passed by giving the fish enough time to get away. Finally, I hooked another one and he was happy to get it too shore. He doesn't like to touch them though as you can see in the pictures he stands far away. In the last picture I convinced him to stand next to me for a picture. The fish bumped him, which scared him. I tried holding one for him to touch, but as soon as he got close it flipped out of my hands. William had had enough so we went home. On the walk to the car he kept talking about his fish and how we need one for the house, so overall he had fun and wants to do it again.

6 comments:

jamiegilson said...

What kind of fish is that? It's kind of an ugly thing. Andrew got a fishing pole for Easter; I suppose one of these days I'm going to have to take him out and show him how to use it. =)

Rayburn Family said...

I agree, that is one ugly fish. How nice he could go out one on one fishing with his dad.

Rayburn Family said...

By the way, fish scare the heck out of me too.

Grandpa Dave said...

Julie.......... fish scare you?!? Are you sure you're a Porter? Hey Joe, I was thinking the other day (no smart remarks please) I have fished with 5 generations of Porters. Cool huh?

Rayburn Family said...

Yes, I don't like fish. That's why I don't snorkle.

Bubbleyumgirl said...

I've seen the look on William's face before, but it was on his Dad's face. And I think it was because Julie touched him!