Sunday, May 17, 2009

Finally A Girl

We have been thinking about getting a puppy for a while. Thursday I looked at our local Humane Society website and found a puppy that got our attention. We went down that evening with the boys to take a look. They know that the mother was a minature white poodle that weighed 12 lbs, the dad or should I say the dads of a the litter were unknown, but they could take a pretty good guess. There were four different fathers to the litter. This is where we found our new puppy Candy a female poodle mix. Friday Candy got spayed, and I went and picked her up Saturday morning. She is still getting settled, but there is no doubt that she is going to be getting a lot of love her owners. The collar the boys picked out was pink camoflage, which of course fits perfectly with the personalities fo the house. By the end of the day yesterday she was absolutely exhausted. So far she has been doing good doing her business outside and not in the house. Hopefully this will contine to be the case.


Candy Eating


Candy with the boys.


A funny little thing that she likes to do is fall asleep on someone shoulder


William holding Candy


The boys getting to know Candy

4 comments:

wrightNOW said...

Congratulations! A girl! I keep thinking we need a dog. You will have to let me know how it goes. She is a cutie! I bet the boys lover her!

Rick & Diana said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! She is soo cute and now you can put bows in her hair! I want a puppy to dress up too! Congrats!

JOY said...

I was blog hopping and had to stop here - I have four boyz - so I guess this is the only way I'm going to get a girl too! Thanks for the giggle today!

CinnaPatty said...

Yahoo, the little sister the boys always wanted. hee hee.